How to block a phone number on iPhone, you sometimes wonder to know. When you block a specific number on your iPhone, you’re directly barring such a number from contacting you through any means. Notwithstanding, such a blockage does not prevent that person from reaching you through some other third-party applications. If you’ve used your number to register on platforms like Instagram, WhatsApp, or even Facebook, anyone may still be able to contact you.
Way 1. How to Block a Phone Number on iPhone When You Recieve?
However, it’s well assured that the text messages sent from a blocked number won’t be delivered to your device. Now that you’re aware of the full details regarding number blocking, let’s delve into the tricks on how to block a phone number on an iPhone.
- Step 1 : Open the conversation
- Step 2: Tap on the contact at the top of the screen.
- Step 3: Select the “i” and then tap on the name, phone number, or email address. At the bottom of the page will be a Block this Caller button; tap it and confirm.
Way 2. How to Block a Phone Number on iPhone from Settings?
When someone is blocked in your phone settings, incoming calls will automatically be barred. No matter the number of times the person called you, your phone won’t ring at all. If you can know how to block a phone number on my iPhone, you will have complete peace of mind against receiving calls from strange numbers.
In that regard, you can follow the steps below to accomplish this nature of the task.
- Step 1: Open the Settings app.
- Step 2: Scroll down and tap Phone.
- Step 3: Tap Blocked Contacts (in older versions of iOS this was Call Blocking & Identification).
- Step 4: You’ll see your list of blocked callers. If you want to add a new one, tap on Add New…
- Step 5: You will need to scroll through your Contacts list to pick the number to block (so you will need to add the nuisance caller to your contacts list for this method to work).
Way 3. How to Unblock iPhone Numbers If You Change Your Mind?
As you know, when you block a number on your iPhone, such a contact won’t be able to call and text you. Summarily, there won’t be any way for the caller to reach you. If you mistakenly block a number on your contact, there are good ways to easily unblock such a contact. Since you’ve learned how to block a phone number on your iPhone, you can also spare a few seconds to understand how to unblock your iPhone numbers.
The simple steps to follow include :
- Open the green-and-white Phone app on your screen and navigate to the “Contacts” tab.
- Find the particular contact you’re looking for and open it.
- Scroll to the bottom of the back to find the words “Unblock this Caller” in blue, and tap those words.
How to enable parental controls via third-party app?
If you are looking for a parental control apps that offer more features that Screen Time and gives you peace of mind, you should opt for Chamspy. It provides you with a simple and effective way to set restrictions on kid’s phone as well as deliver digital freedom. It works with iPhone running iOS 9.4 and above. Simply follow the steps to enable parental controls:
Step 1. Register your email with account
Step 2. Install the app on target device following the instructions
Step 3. Log in to your account and set up parental controls.
Once you set it up, you can enable restrictions with its various features. It can manage and control what kids do on the phone and identify signs of digital dangers such as cyberbullying, sexting, predators and more. Here are some unique features that Chamspy can offer:
- Block distracting or age-restricted apps so that your kids can concentrate better
- Track location in real-time and view location history
- Set virtual boundaries and receive notification when the kids enters or leaves a designated area
- Check call logs and block unwanted calls
- Detect suspicious text and get notified
- Look through browsing history
As you can see, setting parental controls on iPhone is no longer a tough job. No technical skill or professional knowledge is required to use this app. You can keep a close eye on your kid’s online activities without their knowledge. This app stays hidden on target device with no notification and you won’t interfere with his/her phone activities.
Blocking a phone number is easy so far you can follow the right procedures. Everything detailed in this article shows that you can quickly achieve the stated task without stress. Just follow the tricks documented above and you’re a step away from actualizing your goal.