If you are reading this article, you might be experiencing the frustration of losing your Android and anxious to find your Android lost phone as soon as possible. Whether or not succeed in finding your lost Android cell phone, you are supposed to locate it and decide what to do next. Don’t fret! There are a few options for you to locate your Android lost phone. The post will give an overall guideline. Just save the post and locate your Android phone immediately!
Google’s Find My Device To Ping Your Android Lost Phone
Find My Device launched by Google is one of the appropriate picks for you to locate your Android lost phone. The first precondition is that you are required to create your Google Account and add it to your device. Also, if you have connected your device to Google, you can also find it on the https://www.google.com. Then before you using Find My Device, your phones should:
- Be switched on
- Be signed in to your Google Account
- Getting access to Wi-Fi connection or the Internet
- Be visible on Google Play
- Activate your location service on your Android phone
- Turn on Find My Device
After have the above features enabled, you can be good to locate your lost Android phone by following the below four steps:
- Head to android.com/find and log in your Google account
2. Tab the mobile devices you want to the locate
3. Check the location information of your Android device on the map
- The location will be approximate instead of being accurate
- You might see its latest location rather than a real-time location tracking
4. Choose what you want to do.
Find My Device provides your Android with the all-rounded protection including playing sound, locking your device and erase your data of your Android lost device.
- Play sound: If you think that your device is nearby you and you are sure that you can hear the sound of your mobile gadget, you can enable this feature to ring your phone for 5 minutes. The feature can work even if you set silent and vibrate mode on your device.
- Lock your device: If you are afraid that someone might reveal the information stored on your phone, you can lock your device to prevent it from being unlocking by others. If needed, you can add a message or a phone number to the screen, which can be of great help for others to find you if they pick up the phone.
- Erase the data. You can erase your data on your device via Find My Device for the protection of your lost Android phone.
IMEI Number to Locate Android Lost Phone
Standing for International Mobile Equipment Identity, IMEI number is a unique 15-digit code like an identity certificate for your phone. Since every single phone has a unique IMEI number, it can be another resort to tracking your Android lost device. However, you might ask how you can find the IMEI number of your Android Lost Phone. Here are the ways:
- Dial *#06#: This is the fastest way to help you grasp your IMEI number
- Check IMEI number on your own device: Enter ”Setting” and Tab “About Phone”
- Reveal IMEI number on the reverse side of your phone
- Capture IMEI number through the packaging of your device
The police also record our IMEI number, so we can seek help from the police, allowing them to locate our Android lost phone through IMEI number. The third-party IMEI tracker is a must for you to locate Android Lost phone by yourself. Google Play renders us abundant IMEI number trackers like AntiTheft App & IMEI Tracker All Phone Location, Find Lost Phone, SeekDroid: Find My Phone and so on. You can choose the one that can satisfy your needs:
- Search for ”IMEI number tracker” on Google Play and choose the one with a high rank
2. Install the app and activate the app.
3. Give all the necessary permission that the app asks for, including but not limited to contacts, SMS, IMEI number and so on.
4. Type the IMEI number of your lost device to locate your Android lost phone and tap ” Check”
After the above 4 steps, you will be able to track your lost Android device via a list manifesting the approximate location of your lost phone.
The Third-Party GPS Phone Trackers to Pinpoint The Location of Your Lost Phone
GPS phone trackers can be distinct from the above two tools for its capacity to track your device in real time. Of course, the Google play can offer you a great number of options of GPS phone trackers. In order to help you choose the most reliable one, here we will give your several rules. Just navigate the rules carefully.
- High precision of real-time location checking. The third-party GPS phone trackers can extend their function to locate your kids, spouses and employees apart from locating your Android phone.
- Ease of use. You should be free from the irksome steps for activating your phone trackers. Seamless user experience and concise interface can be your important considerations, especially if you are a beginner.
- Global positioning. Users can track the phone or someone worldwide without extra effort.
- Multi mobile operator support. The GPS phone trackers is expected to work smoothly on both Android and Apple devices.
- High security. The security of personal information is the top priority while choosing the third-party GPS phone trackers. It is one of the reasons why we don’t advise you to opt for the free ones for its possibility to disclose your personal information.
In most cases, the official website of the phone trackers will give the specific instruction for activating the tool. Some advanced third-party GPS phone trackers boast more innovative functions like geo-fencing, alert for leaving the safe area, sending messages within a family group. They are extremely useful tools for you when you want to track your beloved ones or maintain your family relationship.
The post has listed the simple guideline for you to track your Android lost phone in simple steps. If you are feeling anxious about your lost phone, just follow the guide and try to find your lost phone. If you are worry about your loss of your Android phone one day, you should keep the post with you right now.