Thanks to numerous innovations and cell phone users can keep their devices secure by using security options such as password, PIN, fingerprint, facial ID, and pattern. However, it often happens at the least expected time and your phone can get lost or misplaced no matter how vigilant you are. The good news is that there are several ways to help find a lost Android phone. But can an iPhone locate an Android phone? Yes, technological advancement has made it possible to locate an Android phone using iPhone. Let’s dive down to three ways to locate an Android phone.
How to locate an Android phone using Find My Device?
Google comes with Find My Device app for Android devices. Just uses the Google ID registered with the Android phone and it will be able to track a lost cell phone. It offers you information such as the device name, battery and network name. Moreover, your smartphone’s IMEI number, last active status and other information can be available through this service. As additional security features, you can send a ring on the device, remotely lock the phone and wipe all the data. For this to work, an Andriod device must have an active Google account and Find My Device enabled. Here’s how to locate an Android phone from iPhone:
- Open any browser on the iPhone.
- Go to google.com/android/find in the address bar.
- Key in the Google ID that’s active on your Android phone and tap Next.
- Enter your password and hit Next tab to be redirected to the main device page. This page contains your device’s required information for tracking.
- Tap the Location tag on Map. A new window will then open, with the coordinate information of your lost device.
- Tap Directions, if you want the route to the device location.
How to locate an Android phone by number?
If you don’t have a Google account or Find My Device is not enabled, you can resort to phone number tracker such as TrackPhone. It offers a stress-free way to GPS locate a cell phone. This online website enables you to track the location of any cell phone by just using their mobile number. With this solution, you can remotely locate an Android phone, without having to install any special software or app. You don’t need to worry about the issues of cross-platform, network providers or mobile phone brand they choose. All it takes to track an Android phone from iPhone is a few simple steps. Here’s how you can do:
- Open the web browser on your iPhone and go to viespy.com.
- On the homepage, choose the country from the dropdown list and enter the phone number of target Android device.
- Type in the email address to receive the result.
- Then hit on “START GEOLOCATION” button.
You have to wait for a couple of seconds until it shows you the location of Android phone. Once the search procecss is completed, you can see the precise location of the phone on the map.
How to locate an Android phone by location tracking app?
You also can take advantage of a cross-platform GPS tracking application. Life360 is designed to make GPS tracking more convenient and comes with a lot of features. It allows you to create a collective circle to find where your family and friends are by their phones. You also can control who can find you or the phone. Though it lacks a device locking feature, it is still a good option to find your lost Android phone. Simply follow the steps to track an Android phone from iPhone.
- Install Family Locator app on both the intended Android phone and iPhone.
- On both devices, open the Family Locator app and complete the configuration process.
- Share the real-time location of the target Android phone with your iPhone.
- Launch Family Locator app on your iPhone and allow sharing access.
- Then you will be able to locate the Android phone on a screen.
What to do if you lose your phone?
Losing your smartphone is really a nightmare. But it’s a real risk and can happen to anyone. In case your phone gets lost or stolen, there are some tips you can use to help protect your data and hopefully recover your device quickly. The easiest way is to call or text your cell phone, and it can help a good Samaritan get your phone back to you quickly. If you have the Find My Device enabled, you can easily log into your Google account and remotely locate your device. If your cell phone can’t be tracked quickly, you can remotely lock your phone from any location. If these methods fail, it’s advisable to reach out to the carrier for your consumer cellular plan. They can disable service on your phone and can typically mark the phone as unusable even with a new SIM card.
The above reliable options can help you track an Android phone from iPhone. You can use Find My Device feature to remotely locate your lost cell phone. If this feature is enabled before, you can instead use the available third-party apps or online website such as TrackPhone to find the exact location of cell phone. Just enter the phone number and find any cell phone location.