We’re living in a world filled with turmoil and more attention should be paid to personal safety, especially child safety and senior safety. If you’re the one or caregivers who are concerned about your parents driving unsafe or want to make sure they are protected, GPS location tracking is what’s you need. When they’re out for longer than expected and you can’t reach them on their cell phone, you can track your elderly parent’s location and ensure their safety. This guide provides caregivers with an overview of the location tracking tools with tips on how to locate your elderly parents for safety.
Why you need to track your elderly parents?
Using a GPS location tracker for seniors allows them to continue to live a more independent life while bringing you peace of mind. You can locate your elderly loved ones and provide timely help in case they wander or get lost. Some GPS trackers come with built-in medical alerts and two-way communication so you can remain connected with your parents even in an emergency.
How to track elderly parents’ location using Family Link?
Traditional GPS tracker should be attached to the backpack, keychain or clothes. If your parents removes the tracking device, caregivers won’t receive accurate location data. For this reason, it’s essential to choose a device that’s less likely to be removed or lost.
A case in point is Family Link app that allows you to locate family members as long as they’re carrying their device. You’ll be able to find your aging parents when they’re on the go. It also gives you the ability to find the parent’s device if it is misplaced or lost. You have the option to configure Family Link directly from the parent’s device or from your own smartphone or, with limited functionality, from the web. If you choose to set up Family Link on your device, here’s how you can do:
- Download the app on your device
- Sign into Family link app with your own Google account
- Create a new Google account for your parents within the application
- Grab your parent’s compatible Android device and follow the instructions to create an account
Once you set it up, you can track your elderly parents’ location. By default, the location feature is turned off and you can enable it with the location settings. When it’s turned on, you can see the location of each signed-in device. It means that if your elderly parents are with their devices, you can locate their whereabouts anytime. This option only works if the mobile phone is switched on and signed in. It won’t work properly if the phone battery is dead and location service sometimes fall for other reasons.
How to track elderly parents’ phone using TrackPhone?
If you are not intended to install a location tracking app, you can consider using phone number tracker. For instance, TrackPhone is a handy solution if you feel the need to locate your family members. This web-based geolocation service allows you to track someone by phone number, without a need for installing anything. It’s also helpful to be able to find a lost or stolen phone.
This easy-to-use service works with all modern cell phones and network providers. The dual technologies of GPS tracking system and cellular have truly made life easier and provided signifiant benefits to those worried about senior safety. Whether your parent is using a Android device or an iPhone, it can track down the phone location with accuracy between 1 to 6 meters. Steps to track your elderly parents are as follows:
- Navigate to viespy.com
- Log into your account and enter the desired phone number
- Click “find location”
- It will show you exact location of the phone if it’s located
You can have access to location information including current state, city, street name and timestamp. The result is given through the mapping system, which you can zoom in and pan around. It also supports satellite view and you can get a visual location.
Factors to consider when purchasing a GPS tracker
If you’re looking for a reliable GPS tracker for seniors, consider these factors:
- Type of device – If you senior loved one prefers something discreet, they’d benefit from a device that can be worn as a necklace or watch. You also can choose a location tracker that comes with stealth mode or stay anonymous.
- GPS capabilities – If you need a GPS tracker that’s able to locate worldwide, you’ll need to opt for a more expensive, advanced device or service. They may corporate with satellite or global positioning system to provide precise location.
- Compatibility – Before you invest in a location tracker, it’s better to check if it’s compatible with target device. The best cell phone tracker should be able to support cross-compatibility.
No longer have to trap into fake websites that waste your time and leake personal information! Google Family Link comes in handy if you want to track your elderly parents and keep them safe. Even if you are not ready to install an application, TrackPhone can satisfy your requirements. All you have to do is enter the phone number and get started!