Want to find your family’s whereabouts? Wish to track your friend’s location? Now you can!
In fact, Google Maps offers a quick way to find someone by using GPS location tracking that is inbuilt into all smartphones. So, in this post, we are going to teach you how to track someone on Google Maps. Here, you will also learn about a tracking tool that enables you to find someone’s cell phone location. Then, you will be able to track a family member, friend, and more as your desire.
How Can I Track Someone on Google Maps?
Now, let’s start by talking about location tracking, what do you think is the best way to do that? There is no doubt that most of us would go for Google Maps. Tracking location has never been so easy thanks to the help of Google Maps. Google Maps is an application that is pre-installed on almost every Android cell phone. It allows you to track someone’s location by sending regular notifications to anyone who has agreed to share their location with you. But, how is it possible to locate someone using Google Maps?
Track Someone Using Google Maps
Hence, in this section, you will get to know how to track someone using Google Maps. However, kindly note that you can not track anyone on Google Maps without their prior consent or their knowledge of the location-sharing feature inside the app.
Here are two main things you should be aware of before you get started:
- First and foremost, you have physical access to the target’s phone.
- Remember, Google does not allow you to track someone without their permission.
- You require to have access to the user’s phone and their password.
Follow the complete steps guide below to track someone’s location on Google Maps:
- Launch the Settings of the device and make sure the location services are enabled.
- Open the Google Maps app on the target’s phone.
- Tap the right corner with the target’s profile picture.
- Choose the Location Sharing option and tap on Share Location.
- Click the Until you turn this off.
- Select your device from the listed contact and hit on Share
- A message will pop out displaying “XXX can see your location.”
Locate Someone on Google Maps Using Location Sharing
As long as you have set up location sharing, you then can easily view someone’s cell phone location in Google Maps without bothering to ask. To see the location history on Google Maps, you can follow the directions below:
- Open the Google Maps on your own phone.
- Tap on the hamburger icon or profile picture and click the location sharing.
- Hit on the shared device at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, you will be able to view the target’s current location in real-time.
See how simple it is to locate someone on Google Maps? In case you no longer want to share your location with others, it is quite easy for you to stop the Google Maps tracking. Simply turn off the location sharing feature and the service will be disabled on both ends.
How to Track a Phone Without Someone’s Knowledge?
If you want to track someone on Google Maps without letting them know, you will need to use a cell phone tracker service like Viespy or a spy app. This kind of method allows you to track someone without their permission and any physical access to their phone.
Viespy is well designed to track a phone, but it is also the perfect phone tracking solution to track a child, spouse, friends, or even employee. Although most mobile phone tracking software requires you to install an application on both you and the target’s device, however, Viespy – phone locator lets you track a phone without downloading any software.
Track Someone’s Location By Phone Number on Google Maps
Is it possible to find someone’s location by just phone number? Of course, the best way to trace someone’s phone by number is to use Viespy – phone locator website online. Just head over to its official website with your web browser and simply enter the person’s cell phone number you wish to be located, this powerful location tracking tool will give you their exact location in real-time whenever and wherever you need it.
See how easy it is to go with Viespy:
- Navigate to the Viespy website and sign up for an account.
- Key in the phone number of the target’s device on the search bar.
- A message will be sent to the target’s phone requesting for accurate GPS location.
- Track the phone from your dashboard.
Is There a Google Maps Phone Tracker?
The short answer to this question – is yes, and Google Maps is built into Find My Device app which can be located and found in the Google Play Store. By using this app, you can locate your phone as well as someone’s phone. Moreover, the ring, lock and erase option inside the app is sure to bring you great benefits from using them.
So, this is all about how to track someone’s location on Google Maps. Three different methods have been discussed in this article and you can choose the most suitable one among the mentioned above to meet your requirements. If you have further questions about this topic or if you think it is helpful, please feel free to let us know in the comments below!